Sunday, February 19, 2017

Better WhatsApp Group Chat

Group chat is widely used in WhatsApp. As the size of the group gets bigger, communication is dominated by few people who usually generate a lot of noise. I had to leave groups because I was fed up with the endless nonesense of these few people. Arguing with them makes matters worse. Almost everyone I know has similar experiences.

I can silence a whole group in WhatsApp so that I do not get notifications. What I need is the ability to mark people in a group as important and unimportant. Messages from people that I mark important should be easy to spot when I scroll through the messages. They could have yellow background and bold font. Messages from people I mark as unimportant should be shown collapsed and become only visible in full when I click on the message. That would allow me to quickly see important messages.


No comments: